LYLAC™ (Live Your Life After Cancer) is unique in how it supports people affected by cancer.
It is different from the existing services in two ways:
- The programme is based on life coaching to help people find a new balance and live well after cancer.
- Both co-founders have faced cancer themselves and their personal experience has shaped this programme.
- Working with the ‘bigger picture’ (holistic approach)
- Creating awareness
- Taking stock of the cancer experience
- (Re)connecting to personal values
- Explore what’s stopping you in moving forward (and how to manage this)
- Learn how motivation works best for you
- Goal Setting & Action Planning
- Increased (self)awareness
- More confidence
- More clarity about the future
- More focus on possibilities
- Feeling more in control
- Increased self-management
- Increased resilience
- More happiness in general
Some milestones we’ve achieved over the last couple of years:
- We have been helping several local and national cancer charities over the last couple of years with our workshops.
- We worked with Southampton University on a feasibility study in 2012. More information here.
- We helped cancer survivors to return to work sooner and with more confidence.
- We ran workshops in partnership with local support groups in both Hampshire and Dorset.
- We have spoken at several cancer conferences.
- We have developed new services e.g. workshop for Carers and ‘Work and Cancer’ and continue new developments to meet the growing and changing demand.
LYLAC is a member of Social Enterprise UK