LYLAC™ (Live Your Life After Cancer) is unique in how it supports people affected by cancer.
It is different from existing services in two ways:
1. The programme is based on the holistic approach of coaching.
2. Both co-founders have experienced cancer themselves, also as a carer, and they used their personal experience to shape this support programme.
The Most common challenges people affected by cancer see are:
Physical side effects:
- Change of appearance
Emotional side effect:
- Fear of recurrence
- Unexpected (strong) emotions
- Reassessing life and it’s priorities
- How and when to get back to work and financial worries
- Loss of confidence
Note: the (invisible) emotional impact of cancer can be deeper and more long-lasting than some physical symptoms
Outcomes of our support programme:
- Increased (self)awareness
- More confidence
- More clarity about the future
- More focus on possibilities
- Feeling more in control
- Increased self-management
- Increased resilience
- More happiness in general
- Due to COVID, we have worked hard to move all our workshop materials and exercises online and are now able to provide virtual workshop from the safety of people’s homes.
- We have been helping several local and national cancer charities for many years with our LYLAC workshops.
- We provided coaching for a feasibility study “Getting your life back after cancer, a feasibility study of life coaching”in 2012 with Southampton University in 2021 . More information here.
- We ran workshops in partnership with local cancer support groups in both Hampshire and Dorset.
- We have spoken at several cancer conferences and support groups.
- We have developed new services e.g. workshop for Carers and continue new developments to meet the growing and changing demand.