LYLAC™ (Live Your Life After Cancer) is unique in how it supports people affected by cancer.
It is different from existing services in two ways:
1. The programme is based on coaching.
2. Both co-founders have faced cancer themselves and their personal experience has shaped this programme.
The Most common challenges people affected by cancer see are:
Physical side effects:
- Change of appearance
Emotional side effect:
- Fear of recurrence
- Unexpected (strong) emotions
- Reassessing life and it’s priorities
- How and when to get back to work and financial worries
- Loss of confidence
Note: the (invisible) emotional impact of cancer can be deeper and more long-lasting than some physical symptoms
what we focus on with our coaching support:
- Working with the ‘bigger picture’, your whole life (holistic approach)
- Creating awareness
- Taking stock of the cancer experience
- (Re)connecting to personal values
- Explore what’s stopping you in moving forward (and how to overcome this)
- Learn how motivation works best for you
- Peer-support; sharing and learning from others
- Creating a personal plan to move forward and live well
- Goal Setting & Action Planning
- Increased (self)awareness
- More confidence
- More clarity about the future
- More focus on possibilities
- Feeling more in control
- Increased self-management
- Increased resilience
- More happiness in general
- We have been helping several local and national cancer charities for many years with our workshops.
- We worked with Southampton University on a feasibility study in 2012. More information here.
- We ran workshops in partnership with local support groups in both Hampshire and Dorset.
- We have spoken at several cancer conferences and support groups.
- We have developed new services e.g. workshop for Carers and continue new developments to meet the growing and changing demand.